The Institute of European and American Studies (IEAS), Academia Sinica intends to organize an international conference on 15-16 (Wed-Thu) November, 2017 in Taipei, Taiwan. The potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following issues:
- The shift from embedded liberalism to neoliberalism and its critique
- The future of mega-FTAs in the wake of Trump and Brexit: Free and Freer Trade and the role of China
- Trump’s trade policy and the end of the WTO?
- Populism and economic integration and trade liberalization
- Social impact/consequences of economic integration and trade liberalization
The organizer will be able to cover a round-trip ticket (economy class) and local accommodation. The organizer intends to publish the conference papers, with revisions made in accordance with the comments of participants and/or reviewers, as an edited volume by an international renowned publisher. The organizer welcomes lawyers, political scientists, and sociologists submit an abstract of less than 500 words outlining the main arguments, supported with a short CV of two pages or less indicating the author’s affiliation, contact, and relevant publications before May 1, 2017 Interdisciplinary works are particularly encouraged. Successful applicants will be notified by May 20, 2017.
Abstracts are to be submitted to Dr. Chien-Huei Wu firstname.lastname@example.org as well the project manager Mr. David Kuan-Wei Wu email@example.com.
- 1st May: Deadline for Abstracts
- 20th May: Notification of Successful Applicants
- 20th October: Conference Papers Due
- 15th-16th November: Conference on Rethinking Free Trade Takes Place in Taipei
- 31th March 2018: Revised Chapters Due