1. Eligibility for membership
Persons who research the EC/EU or who are engaged in research which relates to the EC/EU (Article 5 of the Agreement of The European Union Studies Association-Japan).
(1) Persons who work at research / educational institutions such as Universities.
(2) Full-time students in their first / second term of graduate school or on a study course equivalent to graduate school.
(3) Researchers attached to companies / groups or to equivalent bodies.
(4) Persons with work and study equivalent to those mentioned in (1) and (2) above who obtained an Application for Admission.
2. How to obtain the Application for Admission
Download the Application for Admission here (* Now, we have only Japanese version. We will upload English version as soon as possible.) or make a written request to The Secretariat of The European Union Studies Association-Japan (in this case, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.).
3. Members classification
Full members (members other than student members) and Student members (graduate school students in the above-mentioned point 1.).
Recommendation by the Director of The European Union Studies Association-Japan or (if it is not possible under special circumstances) by one full member other than Director is necessary. A recommender shall write the recommendation and put his/her seal on it. Should you encounter the difficulty of finding a recommender, please consult the Secretariat of The European Union Studies Association-Japan.
5. Where to submit the Application for Admission
To be submitted to The Secretariat of The European Union Studies Association-Japan.
6. Acceptance of membership
(1) At the board of directors of The European Union Studies Association-Japan held annually in May and November, the eligibility of applicants is checked, following which it is decided which applicants are to be accepted.
(2) The Secretariat of The European Union Studies Association-Japan shall send "Notification of Acceptance"and Director in charge of accounting shall send "Notification about the payment methods of membership fees"to those applicants who were accepted.
7. Payment methods of membership fees
Membership fees are to be paid promptly after the applicant has been accepted.
8. Membership fees
General member annual \ 10,000.
Graduate student member annual \ 7,000.
Support member annual share of \ 50,000.
9. Persons in arrears with membership fees
As a general rule, persons who are 3 years in arrears of their membership fees are withdrawn from the Association.
Back to the Home Page